Thursday, April 7, 2011

recent

while everyone else has been off making babies and taking finals, colby and i have been up to:

filing our taxes - owing uncle sam a cool five hundy for being working individuals, homeowners, and that childless couple not on medicaid... wow, i think im more bitter than i realized...

readying the yard for spring! not that it matters today on this blustery snowy white evening. the lawn is aerated, the bugs have been banished, and the ivy from old lady neighbor's yard has been trimmed back.

logging serious hours at the gym. i demand health from both of our bodies! and even though i dont especially care about it, i lost 4 lubs as of two weeks ago... probably even more now.

reinforcing good relationships, with the people who matter and the ones we wished mattered more. a few days ago, i was given some wonderful advice - the kind of sage advice you wish for but dont often accept. its no secret that i have a tense relationship (at best) with my parents, but its also fairly clear to me as of recent that my participation in this dynamic allows me to make whatever changes i want. so MOM - its not about me or what happened to me in my past anymore; its about YOU. and thats fine - wouldnt want it any other way right now. the next chapter of my life will have more of you in it, and together we will celebrate the wonderful things happening to us and the people and the babies and the puppies we love.

as always, i must mention my latest affirmation/power statement:
I WAS CREATED FOR A GRAND PURPOSE.




1 comment:

Jake said...

One word, two syllables: epic.