Tuesday, April 19, 2011

no shame

an opinionated man-child got under my skin yesterday.
so i tried my best to set him straight.

he was extra judge-y and preachy and, worst of all, LOUD about it.

now, things got tricky at this point because someone in the group defended him saying "thats just who he is" - great, be yourself and thats cool. but when your true self starts picking at others and digging at them trying to make yourself bigger and more important, that means your true self is really just a JERK.

i bumped into this loud individual again today - and our interaction was the same but not. he was a mean idiot, and i just smiled and said that i hoped he had a great day - not in the snotty way i wanted to, but in my genuine self trying to overlook what had happened the day before.

heres my secret:
i dont for one second care about what this person thinks of me. not a bit.
i mean it!
so what if someone in your life thinks less of you for something you have no control over? hello! who is this person who walked into my thoughts? he is not worthy of being stressed over.

i just got a text message from the best friend i have right now. she said im "so real its amazing" - what a compliment! the REAL people in my life know me for my wonders and my faults, and love me anyways.

1 comment:

steph said...

love ya Des! Yesterday was a "mad at the world" day for me...I think you're doing great even with all the bozos in your way.